Prep Time: 60 Minutes
Cook Time: 15–20 Minutes
- 1C Sugar
- 4T Butter
(Half a Stick)
- 10–12C Flour
- 3C Warm Water
3 Cans Coconut Milk
- 3 Cans Water
- 1/2C Corn Starch
- 1C Sugar
- In a large bowl, add Yeast to Warm Water and allow to dissolve.
- Add Sugar to Warm Water and allow to dissolve.
- Add Butter to Warm Water and allow to melt.
- Slowly add Flour 1C at a time or until the dough is no longer sticky.
- Rub outside of dough and bowl with oil to prevent it from sticking.
- Allow to rise for 30–45 minutes. (While dough is rising, begin preparing sauce.)
- In a sauce pan, add the Coconut Milk.
- Using the same cans, add Water.
- Add Corn Starch and bring to boil, stirring continuously, to avoid burning.
- Once it comes to a boil, reduce heat to Medium.
- Add Sugar to sauce and stir to dissolve.
- Cook 10–15 minutes to allow sauce to thicken.
- When dough has finished rising, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour sauce into full size cookie sheet (about 1/4 inch thick) and allow to cool.
- Break dough into balls about half the size of your fist and fill cookie sheet on top of sauce.
- Cover and allow to rise 15 minutes.
- Bake 15–20 minutes or until the tops of the buns are browned.
Comment on this recipe!
Submit your recipes to the FoodUtah.com!