Lemon Blueberry Scones
Cook Time: 20–25 Minutes
2C All-Purpose Flour
- 1T Sugar
- 1T Baking Powder
- 2 Lemons' Zest
- Pinch of Salt
- 8T Butter (Cold and Cubed)
- 1/2C Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 Egg
- 1C Blueberries (Fresh or Frozen)
1C Powdered Sugar
- 1T Lemon Juice,
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the Flour, Sugar, Baking Powder, Lemon Zest and Salt.
- Cut in the butter until mixture resembles a coarse sand.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the Heavy Whipping Cream and Egg until well blended.
- Pour cream into scone mixture and mix until it comes together as a dough.
- Stir in the Blueberries. Over-mixing the blueberries will break the betteries and turn the batter purple.
Note: Batter may be very thick and make it difficult to incorporate blueberries by hand.
- On a lightly floured surface, place dough and form into a circle, flattening the top until dough is roughly an inch thick.
- Cut dough into 8 pie-shaped pieces and transfer to a baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until scones are lightly browned.
- Allow to cool to room temperature before glazing.
- While the scones are baking, n a small bowl, whisk together the Powdered Sugar and Lemon Juice until smooth. If glaze is too thick, add lemon juice 1t at a time until glaze is thick, but still runs.
- Lightly drizzle glaze over scones and allow scones to sit for a few minutes for glaze to set before serving.
Comment on this recipe!
Submit your recipes to the FoodUtah.com!