Irish Beef Stew
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 1 Hour 45 Minutes
- Season the Beef with Salt to taste.
- Add 4T of Butter to a large Dutch oven set over medium-high heat.
- Cook the Beef in batches (if necessary) until well browned, about 2 minutes per side.
- Add Garlic and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add Beef Stock, Water, Tomato Paste, Thyme, Worcestershire Sauce and Bay Leaf.
- Bring to simmer, reduce to low, cover and cook for 1 hour.
- At the same time, in a clean skillet, melt remaining Butter, add the Onion and Carrots, cook until softened, about 10 minutes, and set aside.
- After Beef and Broth have simmered for 1 hour, uncover and add the reserved Onions, Carrots and Potatoes to the pot.
- Stir in the Pepper and continue cooking until the Potatoes are tender and the Beef shreds easily with a fork (internal temperature of 160 degrees Farhernheit), about 40 minutes.
- Discard the Bay Leaf and spoon off the excess fat from the surface.
- Season to taste with additional Salt and serve with Parsley.
Comment on this recipe!
Submit your recipes to the FoodUtah.com!